Sunday, September 9, 2012

2012-13 Shows That Got The Ax






Fall 2012 Television Shows Cancellations


Ah the Fall TV Schedule is out and there are some shows that I am sooooooo happy to see gone and some that has me yelling out in protest. Let’s start with the good news, that is the shows that I know longer have to be tormented with.




Jersey Shore
Let the trumpet sound and the bells ring Jersey Shore has finally been cancelled, it’s as if Christmas has come in early for me.  This trashy show with its outrageous characters that somehow became a cult phenomenon is about to pump its final fist pump. After the next up and coming season Jersey will be no more. Word on the street is that the shows characters got “Rich and Switch” as we say here in the Bahamas.  Demands for higher pay grades and the dip in last season’s rating and Snooki being preggers have brought the end to this reality show.  The date for the airing of the final season is schedule to premier October 4th but many of us could careless, goodbye and good riddance.




The Big C
I guess it turns out that C was actually for Cancel. After only 3 seasons Showtime is giving the axe to this humorous drama about Cathy (lead character) dealing with her cancer dilemma. I have to honestly say that the show had a good concept and the first season was a hilarious look on someone dealing with that condition but seasons 2 & 3 weren’t all that hot on the comical or dramatic side.  I honestly fell asleep while watching the last few episodes so I am not surprise to see that it’s being cancelled. Season 4 will be its final run and it is scheduled to air sometime in 2013 to wrap it all up. I doubt I will be a viewer of that.





The Secret Circle (TSC)
Oh many folks were rooting for this show. Some thought it was a good Charms replacement but I predicted early in the shows season that TSC would have been cancelled. I have to say I loved, loved, loved the concept of the show but with all the magic, love triangles, family drama and action scenes the show couldn’t keep the spice going throughout the last season.  I feel like the writers never allowed some of the storylines between the characters to fully develop. When the show creator moved away from the Jack and Cassie romantic relationship to Adam Cassie the show got boring.  The contain pressure to reveal the family secretes was an over kill. Yes, yes we did want to know but we also would have rather seen the characters grow with their gifts and with each other.  The show had great ideas but it needed to flow better than it did which was in my view the cause for the decrease in ratings. Word on the street is that the show’s creator tried shopping the show around to other networks such as ABC Family, MTV or Netflix so there may be light at the end of the tunnel for TRSC fans.  I would watch the show if it moves to another network but I just hope the creator and writers learnt from their mistakes and revive the show well. Nevertheless, we will see what happens if the show isn’t picked up by summer 2013 its sad to say but TSC will disappear forever.



So Victorious
Say it aight so Nick Cannon why won’t you do something; were my thoughts when I heard this bad news. The beloved So Victorious is about to sing its last awesome tune.  The up and coming season will be its final curtain call for this dynamic cast.  After three amazing seasons the Nickelodeon network is pulling the plug and will not be renewing the show for a 4th season but fear not there is 15 episodes left in season 3 and the show will get a proper send off.




The Office
I don’t even have to say much on this matter after Michael (Steven Carell) left the show the countdown to cancellation began but hey it was a hell of a ride. I will truly enjoy the 9th and final season, “That what she said”.








GCB
This is what happens when you base your entire show about making fun of Christians you get the boot LOL. But seriously I can’t deny I watched every episode of the show and it was funny. I didn’t see anything wrong with it. The show was keeping it real with their storyline because there are many Christians today that are going through those same issues.  In my eyes GCB made only one mistake and that was signing on to ABC. What they should have done was go on Fox heaven knows they would have still been in business right now.







The Ringer
This was a great show but sadly it couldn’t pick up in ratings.  I loved the idea of the adult dangerous version of ABC Family’s The Lying Game.  To me this show did everything right they just had the wrong audience a show like this is not suited for the CW.  It would have been more successful on USA, Syfy Channel or ABC. Better yet, it should have made for a killer movie.  









Weeds
Weeds has to be one of the best television dramas created by Showtime. I have been a fan since it aired back in 2005 and throughout the years this show never disappointed me. I can’t complain this show had a good run of 8 seasons and on September 16th 2012 the shows finale will air. If you have never seen an episode I recommend that you do so quickly, it has a lot of laughs and I promise you will get no spoilers from me.





Other Cancelled Television Programs 2012-13


Alcatraz (Fox)
Allen Gregory (Fox)
Are You There, Chelsea? (NBC)
Awake (NBC)
Best Friends Forever (NBC)
Bent (NBC)
Breaking In (Fox)
CSI: Miami (CBS)
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC)
The Finder (Fox)
The Firm (NBC)
Free Agents (NBC)
A Gifted Man (CBS)
H8R (CW)
Harry’s Law (NBC)

ICarly (Nick)
I Hate My Teenage Daughter (Fox)
Man Up! (ABC)
Missing (ABC)
Napoleon Dynamite (Fox)
NYC 22 (CBS)
Pan Am (ABC)
The Playboy Club (NBC)
Prime Suspect (NBC)
Remodeled (CW)
The River (ABC)
Rob (CBS)
Terra Nova (Fox)
Work It (ABC)




Fair-well Tribute (So long and see you on tv land)





No comments:

Post a Comment